The Siouxland Impact
The Siouxland Metro (Includes Woodbury, Union, Dakota, & Dixon Counties in the Tristate)
- 143,577 residents
- In 2005, the average annual medical costs for Medicaid-enrolled children with an ASD were $10,709 per child, which was about six times higher than costs for children without an ASD ($1,812).
- In addition to medical costs, intensive behavioral interventions for children with ASDs cost $40,000 to $60,000 per child per year.
- Nationally autism is thought to cost $137 billion annually
Services in Siouxland
- Currently families and individuals with ASD in Siouxland do not have access to a center to access compassionate based treatments.
- The Pier Center for Autism will fill this void providing compassionate services for individuals with ASD.
Siouxland Numbers from www.siouxlandchamber.com
Economic Costs from cdc.gov & autismspeaks.org