The Pier Center for Autism is a rapidly expanding clinic in Sioux City, IA. Because of our unique geographic position, we are able to serve families from Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Due to our continued growth, we are in search of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) to add to our team. The Pier Center for Autism is a comprehensive program that uses the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to provide services to individuals of all ages and skill sets. We pride ourselves in our abilities to support individuals on the autism spectrum and their families through all of the core behavioral excesses and deficits related to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Position Summary: This is a management-level position within the clinic. The position requires hands-on time in the center probing and implementing interventions. The majority of your day will be spent supervising, conducting assessments, reviewing documentation, and training staff.
The BCBA will provide support to individuals and their caregivers by coordinating and providing services commensurate with the science of ABA, conducting functional analyses and skill assessments, creating and implementing behavior acquisition and reduction procedures, and teaching adaptive life skills. The BCBA will also oversee programming of and provide ongoing support and supervision to behavior technicians and parents as it relates to the implementation and documentation associated with client treatment plans.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides high quality supervision
- Supervises behavior technicians in the implementation of clinical goals
- Supervises individuals seeking BCBA certification using a comprehensive, hands-on approach to learning
- Coordinates with therapist teams to ensure program consistency
- Completes biannual evaluations of all staff members on their caseload
- Works directly with individuals with ASD and their families
- Provides training to relevant parties using the principles of behavioral skills training
- Participates in the 2-4 week onboarding process for incoming behavior technicians
- Provides parent training to families with an emphasis on generalization of skills into the home and community settings
- Works closely with other professionals (e.g., IEP team) to target generalization of skill to the school setting
- Conducts ongoing individual and group staff training on ABA teaching methods and principles
- Provides high-quality behavior-specific feedback on performance following training
- Completes administrative duties to ensure the timely implementation of all clinical goals for assigned clients
- Completes all documentation for planning of goals, progress notes, and discharge summaries for clients
- Develops innovated procedures and provides written protocols to behavior technicians before the implementation of treatment programming
- Maintains a professional presentation and demeanor at all times
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Minimum Education: Master’s degree in behavior analysis, psychology, education, special education, or related field
- BCBA required and able to obtain Iowa licensure
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise staff, work with families, provide parent training, and/or teach small groups about applied behavior analysis
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and evaluate (i.e., collect and graph data) behavioral programming
- Demonstrated ability to write treatment goals and develop effective programs for children with ASD
- Demonstrated ability to implement interventions in clinic and natural settings (e.g., in home), with an emphasis in skill generalization through parent/caregiver training
- Familiarity with and ability to conduct standardized assessments (e.g., VB-MAPP, AFLS, ABLLS, PEAK, etc.)
- Competence with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An ability to produce written reports
- Able to work independently
The Pier Center for Autism is part of Mid-Step Services, Inc., a 501c3 non-profit that has been serving individuals with disabilities in Northwest Iowa for 43 years. The Pier Center for Autism was founded in 2012 and has grown beyond its original location. We are currently in the process of building a brand new clinic to be able to expand the services provided to families within the Siouxland area. The clinic is predicted to open in Spring of 2021.
Sioux City has all the charms of a small mid-western town with all of the amenities of a large city. We offer competitive wages, continuing education funding, relocation allowance, benefits, and a 401k. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please submit a cover letter telling us about your educational and professional history in addition to submitting a detailed resume or CV to our Operations Director, Jeremiah Gray, at JGray@midstepservices.com.